McDermott has issued the latest notification for the recruitment of 2024. Applications are invited for the post of Structural Designer Other details like Education Qualification Details, Required Age Limit, Mode Of selection, Fee Details, and How to Apply are given below.
Type of Employment: Private Jobs
No.of Vacancies: Various
Job Location: Chennai
Post Name: Structural Designer
Official Website: www.mcdermott.com
Applying Mode: Online
Last Date: ASAP
Details Of Vacancies:
- Structural Designer
- Candidates must have passed a High School graduate with a diploma in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Design, or Drafting. or the equivalent from a recognized Board or University. Detailed knowledge of associated industry detailing standards. Detailed knowledge of 2D and/or 3D drafting systems (AutoCAD and/or MicroStation). Knowledge of PDMS and/or PDS/SPM.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Familiarity with 3D design systems PDS or PDMS would be an advantage. Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Auto lisp Programming, 3D Model creation, Menu, and/or Macro compilation skills.
- Become familiar with the Contract Scope of Work, specifications, schedule, and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable.
- Recognize changes to scope and notify the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Interface with all disciplines to develop clash-free designs.
- Interface with other disciplines to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
- Liaise with other discipline support to ensure clearly defined interfaces, deliverables, and schedules are met
- Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions), and forward copies to the Discipline Lead Designer and Discipline Supervisor.
- Assist Discipline Lead Designer in preparing estimates for proposals and job scope changes.
- Review all project design documentation for detailed technical interfaces.
- Research Customer standards and procedures to prepare project-specific design procedures and standards for submission to the Customer for approval.
- Set up the Discipline Master design drawing and document files.
- Prepare Discipline deliverables such as:
- Detailed design drawings
- As-built drawings
- Review drawings issued by other disciplines and incorporate the required data into Discipline drawings.
- Review vendor drawings and documents and incorporate required vendor data into Discipline drawings and documents.
- Perform design verification through single discipline checks (SDC) and assist with inter-discipline checks (IDC), providing comments to the Lead Designer.
- Prepare, issue, and update material and weight data take-offs.
- Assist Fabrication as required in the resolution of construction difficulties relating to design problems, clashes, etc.
- Monitor progress and maintain the deliverables register on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure compliance with the Project Execution Plan and the timely completion and archiving of drawings and documents.
- Keep the Lead Designer and/or Senior Designer apprised of all activities, progress, and concerns.
- Participate in design reviews and audits.
- Capture lessons learned and enter into MDR’s Lessons Learned system.
- Capture Knowledge Objects and enter them into MDR’s K.now system.
- Develop a basic understanding of MDR’s business and the customers it serves.
- Prepare Structural Design deliverables such as:
- General Structural Design instructions
- Jacket & Topside Primary steel drawings
- Jacket & Topside Secondary steel drawings
- Pile / Conductor drawings
- Bridge structural drawings.
- Flare/vent boom structural drawings Helideck structural drawings o Structural drawings for Buildings and other structures o Access platform drawings & Equipment support drawings O Material handling drawings and all appurtenance drawings.
- Sea fastening drawings
- Installation/Lift Drawings
Required Age Limit:
- Not Specified
- Best In Industry
Mode of Selection:
Steps To Apply for Online Mode:
- Log on to the official website www.mcdermott.com
- Candidates can apply online.
- Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as per requirements.
- Pay the application fee, if needed.
- Click on the submit button for the submission of the application.
- Take a printout of the application for future use.
- Before Applying, Candidates are advised to go through the instructions given in the notice of examination very carefully.
- Applying Link: Click Here